Vastu Shastra is a conventional way of architecture originated in India which when translated is the ‘science of architecture’. Vastu Shastra is the subject part of Vastu Vidya in Indian beliefs. The Vastu Vidya is the broader apprehension of the architecture and the theories of the pattern from ancient India. Vastu Vidya knowledge is a collection of ideas, thoughts, and concepts, which can be with or without the support of flexible layout designs.
Rather these ideas and convictions are the models for any organization with space and are a form within a building or with a series of buildings upon their functions that are concerning each other. This ancient practice has gained a lot of popularity in Indian real estate and builders are coming up with Vastu compliant projects for the buyers.
If you are planning to invest in Flats in Mohali Punjab, then first evaluate the house from the perspective of Vastu compliance. The small Vastu changes have a great contribution in bringing positive energy, health, happiness, and prosperity to your home:
- Puja room is a must space in every house. The North-East direction is the most auspicious, but the constant confusion about whether one should face the divine direction or must the idols should face towards it remain as it is. The solution is that one must face towards the North-East direction while doing prayers.
- The Water fountain or the paintings which depict water should be placed in the North or East direction. It will attract success, wealth and prosperity.
- The main door of the house is an important element in Vastu Shastra. All the doors of the house especially the main door should be open inside so that the energy stays inside. Even take care that the hinges of doors should not make any noise, it should be greased periodically to keep them noise-free.
- If one has a beam running inside the room, one must take care that the bed should not be placed under the beam. This type of arrangement is bad for health.
- It is important there should not be five corners in the ceiling of a room. If the room is constructed that way, then one can put bamboo flutes or pyramids to curb its negative effects.
- Any opening in the north-east direction of the house should be kept closed; space should be more open and light. To store heavy items in the house, south or south west is the ideal direction.
- The toilet is a highly-debatable area of the house as long as Vastu is concerned. The seat of the toilet should face North-South and should be always closed when not in use.